NEAR WEEK EDITION #11
21 – 27 JUNE 2021 🌐
We’re experimenting with a new format this week! Join our TG community chat, contribute and earn $NEAR here.
Big things around the ecosystem:
- NEAR Protocol surpassed 10M total transactions.
- Skyward Finance is live on NEAR.
- NEAR RSS feed integrated with Crypto.com’s price page.
- NEAR Degen Syndicate now run the first NEAR Youtube Channel.
NEAR’s week by the numbers:
- Total transactions: 10,335,892
- Total accounts: 359,896
- Weekly active accounts: 26,907
- Monthly active developers: 512
- The NEAR ecosystem treasury vote is just around the corner. Check out Ozymandius’ article here.
- NEAR Co-Founder Illia Polosukhin chatted about DAOs on a podcast with OpenLaw and CoinDesk’s Brady Dale.
- Sputnik DAO Stats
- Ref Finance is the leading DEX in the ecosystem. You can track data through Sodaki, a data analytics web app built on Ref Finance.
- Liquality wallet is the first multi-chain browser extension wallet. It can now bridge to Polygon.
- There’s been an increase in stablecoins issued through the Rainbow Bridge from Ethereum to NEAR.
- $NEAR is now listed on Woo. $NEAR can access liquidity support across 20+ Woo-connected clients.
- Nearium is the first IDO platform on NEAR, enabling cross-chain token and auction pools, allowing projects to raise funds on NEAR.
- Royalties were merged to NEAR’s NEP-171 standard.
- The NEAR blockchain is 200,000x more carbon-efficient than Bitcoin.
- Are you a web developer? Learn how to get involved with NEAR here.
- Check out near.ai/wbs for a deep dive into protocol tech with NEAR founders Illia Polosukhin and Alexander Skidanov
- Matt Lockyer, DevRel for NEAR, joined The Unstoppable Podcast and discussed building the infrastructure for Web 3.0.
- NEAR has one of the top developer ranks on Coinrank with 400+ commits over the past month.
- NEAR is a top tier platform @LunarCRUSH.
- Latest DevRel TPS report is available here.
- Watch the weekly Aurora Update here.
- The Open Web Collective issued a call for content and topic ideas for the Open Web Atlas, a content repository for Web 3.0 entrepreneurs.
- Verida raised $3M in seed round funding.
- NEAR had an AMA with Mask Network.
- Join NEAR’s climate neutral NFTs hackathon as part of the Next Top Blockchain Startup virtual hackathon.
- Join the Wildeverse hybrid NFT festival with Mintbase, NEAR, and others on June 29.
- Taraxa Project is having Matt Lockyer on for their weekly AMA on July 8.
- NEAR will co-host a cross-chain pitch event with Celo, The Graph, Centrifuge, and others in Paris on July 23.
- Guilds are the lifeblood of the ecosystem. NEARians spotlighted 7 guilds and their contributions.
- The Merchants of NEAR Guild started a weekly update about price action. Here’s their analysis for last week.
- Createbase interviewed one of the founders behind the Wilde Möhre Festival, Julian Mokosch, to find out more about the festival’s beginnings.
- Cypherpunk Holdings joins the Cypherpunk Guild Council. Details here.
- Shreyas Narayanan of NEAR’s Community Team shared a deep dive into the communities across the ecosystem.
- An update from the Human Guild
- Aurora helps solve the blockchain trilemma.
- Check out the NEARCore engineering update for last week here.
- Discussion about increasing the number of block producers here.
- Experiment with wasm-global based gas metering (discussion and GitHub issue).
- Multi-token standard discussion here.
- New NFTs continue to drop in the nft.hiphop collection. No $NEAR? Not a problem. You only need a credit card. This is one of the smoothest NFT experiences out there.
- ARterra collaborated with Leicester City’s Christian Fuchs to drop the first-ever carbon neutral sports NFT.
- How O Beneficio’s turned their handcrafted liquor into NFTs.
- There are now 12 NFT apps built on NEAR.
- NEARPhilippines discussed NFTs on NEAR in their first podcast video.
Join the ecosystem:
- Octopus Network is on the hunt for ambassadors. More information here.
- NEAR Crowd is changing lives! NEAR Crowd is a service that allows people to earn $NEAR by completing small tasks. Learn how to get involved here.
- Here’s a step-by-step guide demonstrating how to stake $NEAR and earn rewards.
- Check out June 2021’s Open Web Sandbox rewards and opportunities here.
- Want to earn $$$? Check out these options on NEAR.
- NEAR community metrics update here.
- The NEAR brand is undergoing a rebuild. Check out progress and share feedback here.
- 4NTS Guild’s weekly recap
- NEAR Daily’s weekly recap
- NEAR Mates’ weekly recap
Attention: We have been notified of scammers on Telegram and email – Report scam and remember not to share any private key or personal information with unverified and suspicious accounts!
Please make sure you are in https://t.me/cryptonear
Thank you for reading and have nice day in the NEARverse!
This edition was sponsored by MINTBASE:
Subscribe to our newsletter to get your weekly dose of news from the NEARverse here!
Want to join the curation of news in NEARWEEK?
Join our news community chat here!